Saltire Scholarships are available for international students from the Scottish Government and Scottish Higher Education Institutions. The scheme provides up to 50 tuition fee awards for any one year of full-time postgraduate study at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
The Saltire Scholarships offer a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to study in a country with world-class universities and a long history of academic distinction.
The Scottish Government is Scotland’s devolved government, with powers over the economy, education, health, justice, rural affairs, housing, environment, equal opportunities, consumer advocacy and advice, transportation, and taxation.
What are the benefits of applying for this program? Students will be able to take advantage of new opportunities and ways of thinking while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
SUMMARY FOR SALTIRE SCHOLARSHIPS
- Application Deadline: 31 May 2022
- University or Organization: Scottish Government
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate program
- Awards: £8000
- Access Mode: Online
- Numbers of Awards: 50
- Nationality: Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan, and the USA
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK (Scotland)
- Language: English
Applicants applying for Saltire Scholarships must meet all the following/given requirements to be considered:
- Students with an undergraduate degree and a conditional or unconditional offer of a place on an approved course at a Scottish institution are eligible for the award.
- Applicants must be able to show that they can afford to pay for living expenses in Scotland as well as the remaining tuition fees. They have not previously studied in Scotland for a full undergraduate degree, nor have they previously earned a Saltire Scholarship.
- Applicants must be enthusiastic in studying in Scotland and/or at a particular Scottish university. The aspiration to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career.
- A willingness and the necessary interpersonal and communication skills are required to participate in the program of activities that accompanies the scholarships.
Eligible Countries: Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan, and the United States.
Eligible Subjects or Courses: The course must be a postgraduate Masters’ level course in one of the following subject areas: Science, Technology, Creative Industries, Healthcare & Medical, and Renewable and Clean Energy.
How to Apply: Applicants applying for Saltire Scholarships must be accepted into any Scottish university to be considered for this scholarship. Then they can fill out an application form online using the provided link.
Supporting Materials: There are no supporting documents required for this scholarship (Saltire Scholarships).
Admission Requirements: Applicants applying for Saltire Scholarships must have a conditional or unconditional offer of a seat at a Scottish university on an approved course in order to be admitted to any Scottish Higher Education Institution.
Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country may be required to meet specified English or other language requirements in order to study there.
Benefit of Saltire Scholarships: The scholarship grants up to 50 prizes worth, £8000 each to cover tuition fees for one year of full-time study in a postgraduate Masters’s program.