The Swiss government is pleased to provide excellence scholarships for visiting overseas academics and artists. The grant program is available for the 2022–2023 academic year. Scholarships are provided for PhD, postdoctoral, research, and fine arts programs at a university or other reputable institution that is supported by the public.
Young international researchers who have achieved a master’s or doctoral degree, as well as foreign artists who possess a bachelor’s degree, are the target audience for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships.
Government Excellence Scholarships are given out annually by the Swiss Confederation to encourage worldwide travel and research collaboration between Switzerland and more than 180 other nations. The Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students, the organization that grants the scholarships, chooses the recipients (FCS).
SUMMARY OF SWISS GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
- Application Deadline: Varies from country to country: September-December.
- University or Organization: Swiss Government
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD, postdoctoral, research programs
- Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International Students
- The program can be taken in Switzerland
- International applicants are eligible to apply.
- Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
- Scholarships are available for pursuing Ph.D., postdoctoral and research programs and fine arts scholarships are for the Master program (according to the ECTS credits).
- A Master’s degree or equivalent university degree is recognized by the Swiss university. The applicant must have achieved this degree before the start of the scholarship next September. As proof, the degree has to be submitted to the Federal Commission for Scholarships before the start of the scholarship.
- Applicant’s date of birth after 31 December 1983.
- Postdoctoral Criteria
- PhD degree
- No more than five years may have passed between the award of the PhD and the application deadline.
- Applicants who are in Switzerland for more than one year at the beginning of the scholarship in September are not eligible.
- Candidates must be in command of the necessary language skills required for postdoctoral research.
- Applicants who have already benefited from a Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship are not eligible to apply for a second scholarship.
- Master’s degree or equivalent university degree recognized by the Swiss university. The applicant must have achieved this degree before the start of the scholarship next September. As a proof, the degree has to be submitted to the Federal Commission for Scholarships before the start of the scholarship.
- Applicants must be born after 31 December 1983
Fine Arts Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Applicants must be born after 31 December 1983.
- Candidates should start their scholarship no later than three years after graduating with their Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants who have been in Switzerland for more than one year at the beginning of the scholarship in September are not eligible.
- Applicants must be in command of the necessary language skills required for the Master’s program.
How to Apply: The Swiss Embassy will provide the application packet to you through email. Please submit your application materials in the precise sequence listed below, in 3 sets (that is, 1 original and 2 copies): The first set includes the original, duly executed documents along with the private letters of recommendation and, where necessary, confirmed translations. Except for the private letters of recommendation, the remaining two sets are duplicates of the first set (only 1st set).
Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a completed, typed, and printed FCS application form with their signature and photo, along with a complete CV, motivation letter, and research plan. Two private endorsement letters from, copies of the applicant’s diplomas and transcripts, a signed medical certificate, two copies of their passport, Dual nationals add copies of both passports
Benefit of Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships: The scholarship winners will receive an educational fund to cover their tuition fees for the course.
For detailed information, go through the link given below: