The Georgina Joshi International Fellowship has been created for the academic year 2022–2023 thanks to the generosity of the Georgina Joshi Foundation and a partnership between the Joshi family and Indiana University Bloomington.
Several graduate voice students at Indiana University’s Jacobs School of Music (JSoMJSON) now have the chance to win financing for their foreign travel-related, entrepreneurial design projects.
Depending on the availability of funds, the successful applicants will receive money for summer language full-immersion programs, flights, and other components of their total itinerary and budget.
The flagship campus of Indiana University’s seven campuses and two regional centers throughout the state, Bloomington was established in 1820. Public research university Indiana University Bloomington is located in Bloomington, Indiana, and it is currently ranked 68th in the US.
Why did you decide to attend Indiana University? The goal of Indiana University is to make undergraduate and graduate education widely accessible to students across the state of Indiana in the United States.
One of the best-known and most extensive centers for music education is the Jacobs School of Music Intranet. It is crucial for training musicians, academics, and teachers who have a global impact on music education and performance.
SUMMARY OF GEORGINA JOSHI INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIP
- Application Deadline: 1st of December 2022.
- University or Organization: Indiana University, Bloomington
- Department: Jacobs School of Music Intranet
- Course Level: Graduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the USA.
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must possess intellectual curiosity about music and the humanities in general, superior musical and vocal talent, and, importantly, a warm and generous personality in short.
How to Apply: Admission applications must be submitted through the university portal. Students interested in applying for the scholarship must submit all supporting documents via email to Professor Horne at email@example.com, which will then be uploaded to the IU box.
Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A short description of the project, including specific start and end dates
- Specific information about destinations, including a proposed itinerary
- Links to language schools or summer courses
- A fairly detailed budget, including travel, tuition, lesson and coaching fees, and per diem
- Written confirmation (copies of emails are fine) confirming the availability of the people the applicant wishes to work with
- A current CV
- Personal Essay
- Letters of recommendation
Admission Requirements: The applicants must submit all necessary documents and meet the course-specific requirements of the university.
Language Requirement: The students must submit scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 84
- TOEFL PBT – 560
- TOEFL CBT – 223
Benefit of Georgina Joshi International Fellowship: The Indiana University Bloomington will give this fellowship to the chosen candidates and provide them with money for summer language full-immersion programs, summer song or opera courses, audition tours (singing for managers or opera houses) in the months immediately after graduation, or brief work with a well-known singer or coach on particular roles or repertoire.
A portion of the total itinerary and budget, together with the airfare and per diems, will be funded depending on the money’s availability.